Thursday, January 22, 2009

Finally...Update!!!!!

Hi all! I know I know I know…I’ve been a slacker!! And to think that this blog would be easier to keep in contact with friends and family…HA! So many updates…where to begin.

We had a very nice Christmas (I know, its been almost a full month!), we had planned to not go overboard with presents.

Well that didn’t go as planned…the kids didn’t seem to mind! Daysia’s favorite present (she would be so embarrassed that I am sharing this!) was the poster of the love of her life…Legolas from Lord of the Rings, Orlando Bloom.

She is completely obsessed with Orlando Bloom! She was so excited, Orlando looks over her at night hanging above her bed. Don’t mind the tissue hanging out of her nose…she had a bloody nose Christmas morning…of course we couldn’t wait for her nose to stop bleeding there were presents to open!!! Corgan loved everything he received, he was just upset to put everything down and move on to open another gift…he wanted to play with his new toys NOW! Anything that was Lightning McQueen was a hit...his newest obsession!

After opening presents we ate a big Christmas morning breakfast. It was delicious!!! We had ham (I cooked our ham on Christmas Eve, so I wouldn’t have to worry about cooking it Christmas Day), monkey bread, cheesy potato casserole (yum! I’ll have to post the recipe so easy and good), and egg soufflé. It was a feast! I would show you a picture but it was devoured rather quickly! We were all stuffed. The reason for the breakfast feast was so I wouldn’t to be stuck in the kitchen all day, like I was for Thanksgiving, so someone very smart (hi Natalie!) suggested I cook a big breakfast and then we could all just graze all day. It worked out fantastic! I mixed all the dishes together the night before and then Christmas morning I just popped everything in the oven before we started opening gifts…fabulous!
All in all it was a very relaxing, enjoyable, and slow paced Christmas!

A new do! So Daysia has been begging at me, for her to get her hair cut. She has such long beautiful hair and I really didn’t want her to chop it all off.

She has been begging me since August…exhausting! So, finally, after talking with my fierce and fabulous godmother (hi Aunt Sharon!) I decided it was time to cut her hair…insert tears here! Aunt Sharon had a lot of good points and benefits of getting Daysia’s hair cut…it made sense. And if I’m being honest…true confessions…I was sick of hearing the crying EVERYTIME we brushed her hair…excruciating…to my ears! So, without Daysia’s knowledge, I scheduled an appointment to have her hair cut. I basically had to drag her into the store, we went to JcPenney’s, she thought I was making her shop with me (she hates to shop…loathes it!). I love to trick her! As we passed the salon I bumped her in and she shot me a dirty look (Miss Attitude), then she realized what was happening. She finally grinned from ear to ear, through her dirty look, and asked if she was getting her hair cut. Of course she was excited when I told her yes. I went back with her and we all agreed to a length…basically she said I want it this short and I asked if she could pull it back in a ponytail that length, the hairstylist gave a thumb up and I approved…man I’m a softy anymore! To top it all off, and to win over Nanny’s approval, Daysia had enough hair to donate to Locks of Love...bonus! So everyone wins! Daysia gets short hair, I don’t have to hear the whining, and Nanny is satisfied that her hair was not cut in vain and will be given to a kid in need! Cue the music! So without further ado…



Corgan is potty trained!!! Cue the music, confetti, and balloons!!!! We are so proud of him!

Corgan’s slacker parents finally got their act together and were consistent with the training this time…yes this time! In the past, and by past I mean over the summer, he was going to the potty if we OFFERED him the potty. Yeah, I know we are big time slackers! But we did it…he did it…now! No more diapers…yes! We are very proud of him! It’s very weird to see him running around in big boy underpants…he’s not a baby anymore…insert sobbing!
As a friend of mine said when I announced that Corgan was potty trained “Yay!!! WTG Corgan! Not poopin' your pants is a great way to start the new year...for everyone.” I don’t think I could have said it any better…thanks for the timeless quote Gene!
One last update…for now! This has turned into a gigantic post! Dodger (our dog) was hit by a car…he’s okay but he did make a trip to the vet. I thankfully missed the big event, I was at book club. Somehow Dodger has been mysteriously getting off of his line. His collar is intact, the line isn’t broken but somehow he manages to run free (Houdini maybe??)…this has happened at least three times. Chris was making dinner and heard a loud yelp…he knew it was Dodger. He went outside and the guy that hit Dodger stopped and apologized and said he thought it was pretty bad and that it looked like we might have to put him down…great Chris thought. Dodger by this time was on the back porch. He let Chris pick him up and examine him…he has many hidden talents(dog whisperer maybe)! Dodger was actually taking it pretty well…for being hit by a car. He never bit Chris while he looked at him. Chris’ dad came over and looked at Dodger and dropped off some doggy medicine. So in the end Dodger ended up with no broken bones but lots and lots of staples and stitches and a soft cast…poor guy! And we ended up with a big vet bill…fabulous…the joys of owning pets!


So hopefully my next post will be about the big honkin diamonds I get for Valentine’s Day…a girl can dream! Or more realistically, maybe I will have my Christmas tree down by then...I know, I'm a slacker!!! I’m sure my next post will be something equally fabulous!

Love ,
The Ray’s...and Nanny Too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers