Saturday morning Chris and I planned on getting up early and cleaning the house. Well that didn’t happen! Corgan brought home a lovely cold, sometime last week, which he passed along to Chris and Chris passed it on to me. Great. Needless to say we didn’t feel like cleaning. Chris let me sleep in on Saturday morning, I felt like I had been run over by a mac truck. So when I woke up for the day Chris came in and laid in the bed with me for some pillow talk. Just general chit chat and then Chris threw me a curve ball…he informed me that I was making Daysia’s birthday cake. It went something like this…
“What! Umm, I was planning on buying one from Walmart. Who said I was making a cake?”. I’m sick and the thought of feeling well enough to make a cake in seven days is too much to bear! Lol!
“Your daughter said you were making her cake…a three layered cake…she’s got it all planned out. Ask her.” He says this with a note of amusement in his voice.
“What! I never said I was making her a cake!” Now I’m wondering, well did I say I would make her a cake in a moment of weakness? Did I say yes to a question without really listening?... Which can happen…the girl talks ALL. THE. TIME. From sunrise to sunset she is a chatty Cathy…so yes, I do sometimes zone out when she is talking and insert a “uh huh” here and there. Don’t judge! Lol Walk a day in my shoes and you’ll be answering “uh huh” to a lot of questions…I promise lol!!
At this point I yelled for Daysia to come to the bedroom.
“What mommy?”
“Umm, What kind of cake are wanting for your birthday?” I gave Chris the sideways look…like watch this…she’ll want a cake from Walmart.
“Yeah! I want you to make a chocolate cake. Three layers. One big one on bottom, another kinda big one on top of that and then a small one on that one.”
“Oh really. Huh? So that’s it…just three layers.” Insert sarcasm. At this point I can feel Chris’ grin burning into the side of my head!!!
“Yeah 3 layers. White frosting with purple frosting at the top…and the bottom…and the middle. Oh! And I want a horse on the very top with seven candles all around the horse.”
So what could I say to that people!? My daughter is turning SEVEN and she WANTS her mom to make her a cake for her birthday party. This may be one of the last birthday’s that she thinks it’s COOL for mom to make her a cake. Do you hear that? It’s…the sigh of defeat.
“Okay. If that’s what you want then I’ll make it for you…since it is your birthday.”
“Thanks mommy!” She went skipping out of the bedroom…grinning ear to ear.
“Well I guess I’m making her a cake.” Chris just smiled.
Honestly, I’m happy Daysia asked me to make her a cake. It makes me feel kinda important…because it is all about me lol! My biggest concern is getting the tower of cake in one piece to the skating rink…yeah that could be interesting! Lol!
So I will take lots of pictures of the party and post them as soon as possible...here are a few from last year's spa birthday party!!


Happy March!!
The Ray Ray’s and Nanny Too

No comments:
Post a Comment