Friday, April 3, 2009

Daysia's Birthday!

Daysia’s birthday was a blast! It was one of my favorite parties for her, to date. Friends and family helped to make Daysia’s party a rockin’ rollin’ good time….get it…rockin’ rollin…roller skating party…never mind! Lol! Daysia even got a new pair of skates for her birthday from Gene and Paisley. But they weren’t just any pair of roller skates…they were light up wheels, with big purple pom poms and a bell roller skates! I told Gene that she now had the Cadillac of roller skates lol! It was easy to spot Daysia on the rink floor skating with her light up wheels.

The cake. It tasted good. But things did not go according to plan. I had a slight melt down…slight panic attack…thank god Nanny came to the rescue. It was only two layers…which Daysia was okay with. The cake started off great, it got tricky when I attempted to pipe the cake with the purple frosting, which was frozen. Frozen because I wanted to firm it up so that it would pipe nicely…that would have worked IF I hadn’t forgotten to take it out of the freezer 15 minutes before leaving for the party. Yeah, 15 minutes! Let’s just say that the frosting didn’t microwave very well. LOL! It was a disaster. Seriously. Thank god Nanny was there! She suggested we cover the cake in sprinkles. Genius! Seriously. So the cake didn’t turn out exactly as planned but it looked cute and Daysia liked the cake…that’s all that really matters.

Here are so pictures from the partay! Yes the partay…not party!



Gene and Paisley (Gene's mom is in the background) from Brooklyn!




Guess who else skated!?!?!?


It was killing Corgan NOT to skate! I couldn't believe they had skates small enough for him. He LOVED to skate!!!! Look how confident he is...seriously!

Okay now he's just showing off!!

Look no hands!


Big winner! It's amazing how many tickets you get and how little the prizes are! Bummer!!


Check out her skates!! I think her knee high zebra socks complemented them very well!



We had a blast! Daysia is still talking about the party! Daysia received free skating passes for her birthday...so there are skating adventures to come!

Love~
The Rays and Nanny Too

1 comment:

  1. ROTFLOL...the cake disaster I am sure wasn't funny when it was happening but it sure makes for a funny story! Glad you survived a skate party!

    ReplyDelete

Followers